Best Gifts for Hikers 2021
One of the most common questions asked is, ‘What do you get someone who is outdoorsy?’. Buying a gift for someone who loves outdoor activities is not as difficult as it looks. Biking, Hiking and Camping, Climbing, Skiing, Running, are only a few of the activities that are done outdoors. There are a lot of gifts you can buy for a person who is outdoorsy. But what is the best gift for a hiker? What would you give to a person who is passionate about hiking and camping? Here is a list of the best gifts for campers and hikers.
Best gifts for hikers
Gift ideas for hikers are often confusing to those people who do not understand the concept of outdoor activities. There are several unique hiking gifts that one can buy for their loved ones who are outdoorsy. Here are some of the best hiking gifts.
- Hiking accessories that include backpacks, Snow Release Skins, Crew Socks, footwear traction, strapette, and more. Hiking accessories help the hiker experience a comfortable and memorable hiking experience.
- Audio experience is a vital accessory and a great gift for a hiker that allows them to be entrained in the wilderness. They feel connected to the outer world while they experience the nature around them. Gifts include radio and headphones, the most vital tool of entertainment.
- Climbing accessories are a significant part of outdoor activities. It is one of the best gifts for hikers and includes harnesses, climbing footwear, backpacks, helmets, headlamps, among several others.
- Water bottles and Mugs are a vital part of hiking. They are, in fact, the most important tool to carry while performing outdoor activities. From insulated coffee and tea travel mugs to insulated stainless steel water and wine bottles, they are some of the cool hiking gears that one can gift.
- Bags and Packs such as a sling cooler and backpacks are a significant part of hiking. From food and clothes to climbing gear, backpacks can aid in carrying anything that is needed by hikers.
- Sports Watches are good hiking gifts you can give to your loved ones who love to go hiking often. There are several accessories you can include, such as silicone straps, Micro USB cable, adapter cable, and more. There are a variety of watches with different features that are available. They are some of the cool hiking gears there are.
- Gloves There are several types of gloves that are made for different purposes. Gloves are widely used during a hike and are considered a very good hike gift.
- Multi-tools and knives, such as folding knife, fixed blade knife, bowie knife, and army machete are some of the most vital tools of a hiker.
- Running accessories that are the best gifts for a hiker include trail running shoes, waist light, pro shorts, and lumen clip, among others.
- Navigation and Orienteering equipment a very good hike gift as they allow a hiker to navigate through uncertain terrain. Gifting a compass to a hiker friend can be the best gift they receive.
- Camping Essentials play a significant role in a hiker’s adventure when they decide to spend the night camping in the wilderness. Some of the accessories include sleeping bags, chairs, blankets, tents, torch, and more.
- Ski accessories are considered one of the best gifts for hikers as most hikers enjoy outdoor sports, and skiing during the season is the sport most loved. Facemasks, helmets, goggles, and calf socks are some of the best gifts to give to a hiker, especially during winter and snowfall.
What should you not forget when hiking?
One of the most common concerns of first-time hikers is to make a list of what every hiker should carry that ensures that they have a pleasant experience. Here is the list of things you need to have before you go hiking.
- Backpack the most primary piece of gear
- Clothing that is weather appropriate
- Pants or shorts – Quick drying
- Moisture absorbing tees
- Moisture absorbing underwear
- Long sleeve shirts or tees to protect from the sun
- Insulated jackets or vests
- Gloves or mittens
- Hiking shoes or boots
- Footwear best suited to the chosen terrain
- Synthetic or wool socks
- Food and water
- Navigation tool
- Tools and repair items
- Multi-tool or knife
- Gear repair kit
- Health and hygiene
- Menstrual products
- Prescription medication
- Sun protection
- First Aid and emergency kit
- Lighter or matches
- First-aid supplies
The list mentioned above is for day hiking and does not include camping equipment and accessories required by hikers who prefer camping overnight.
Gifts for hikers under $25
Camping hiking gift ideas can sometimes prove to be out of the budget. Here are some of the best gifts for a hiker that are under $25.
- Wrightsock: Breathable lightweight Double Layer sock that costs approximately $19
- Kahtoola: Snow Release Skins made of durable, reinforced neoprene at $14
- Body Glide: Skin Glide, a silky smooth and moisture rich anti-chafing barrier at $14
- Body Glide: Anti-chafe balm at $8
- Edelrid: Pure Wire, Pure Bent, Bulletproof Straight, Nineteen G, all robust and versatile carabiner for vertical activities at under $20
- Adventure Medical Kit: Ultralight, Watertight .5, Medical Kit weighing only 6 oz at $20
- Side: Sidi Straps for the Caliper Buckle at $10
- Assos: Chamois Crème to protect your skin from irritation due to the build-up of bacteria at $25
- Gearkeeper: RT5 Retractable Smart Phone Keeper at $20
- Gearkeeper: RT4 High Force key retractor at $20
- Gearkeeper: Gear Tether at $25
- Kinco: Suede Cowhide palm with safety cuffs at $9
- Leatherman: Wingman Pocket Clip at $7
- Kahtoola: MICROspikes tote sack at $14
The best way to honor a hiker is to look for a hiking gift set that will include all the basic items they need. Some of the best hiking gifts for her include sunglasses, sports watches, multi-tools and headphones, among others. Some of the best outdoor gifts for men include backpacks, sports watches, hiking shoes and boots, among several others.